Reheating pizza is actually the number one thing that you can do to freshen up the pie again and improve the taste of pizza leftovers. Generally, there are various ways on how you can reheat pizza. Depending on the amount of the leftover and your enticement to eat it up again, the pizza can reheat through the stovetop and microwave. But, what is the best way to reheat pizza in oven?
Each pizza reheating method produces distinct results compared to others. In this blog post, we will give you the best procedure in reheating pizza using an oven. Aside from that, we also have here other options to reheat pizza. Check them all here!
The Best Way to Reheat Pizza in Oven
A day-old pizza can also taste even better if you have an idea about the best way to reheat pizza in oven. The taste of the pizza would also be the same as the newly baked one most especially when you topped it with melted cheese and yummy pepperoni. However, there are some drawbacks that you will experience when you employ the best way to reheat pizza in oven.
Basically, the first drawback is that it can make the entire kitchen warm. Aside from that, reheating pizza in the oven generally takes time compared when using the microwave or the stovetop. Additionally, reheating a single slice of pizza will be inefficient in terms of heating up the whole oven. As you increase the slices of pizza for reheating, expect that the efficiency of the oven will also increase as well.
Because of that, if you still have half of a pizza or more than that, the best way to reheat pizza in oven is basically the best. The toaster oven is usually the best way to reheat pizza in oven if you only have a single or two slices. That way the reheating process will be faster and you will achieve a crisp texture as this kind of oven utilizes infrared when warming up.
Step-by-step Guide for the Best Way to Reheat Pizza in Oven:
Below are the procedural steps that you must have to follow when you want to employ the best way to reheat pizza in oven:
- Initially, at a temperature of 350deg Fahrenheit, preheat the oven.
- Get a foil and place the pizza over there. Afterwards, subject the foil with pizza for heating by putting it on the rack.
- At the same time, during the warming up of the oven, preheat the sheet pan. Generally, this will result in a crispy crust pizza.
- Eventually, place the pizza over the hot pan.
- The last step under the best way to reheat pizza in oven is to bake it for around 10 minutes or if you want, bake the pizza until warm and the cheese is already melted. However, you can still prefer to bake the pizza for longer hours to achieve a crispier result. Meanwhile, a toaster oven will generally allow heating pizza slice for only about 3 to 4 minutes.
Notes in relation to the best way to reheat pizza in oven:
For a softer crust, what you’ll need is to put the pizza over an unheated sheet pan. Eventually, place the pan inside the preheated oven. Another option is the use of pizza stone, yet the process of warming up usually takes a long time. Aside from that, it is not worthy to heat a few slices over a long time.
Other Methods to Reheat Pizza
Aside from the best way to reheat pizza in oven, you can also use the stovetop and the microwave in doing so. Below are the various steps that you can do in reheating pizza:
1-Other Methods to Reheat Pizza – Over the Stovetop
Another excellent method for reheating pizza, if there is only a slice or two, is to use a skillet over the stovetop. If preheating the oven is not a thing for you as a step on the best way to reheat pizza in oven, using the stovetop will keep the crispiness of the pizza crust. Along with this is melting of the cheese and warming up the toppings all throughout the process.
Moreover, reheating pizza over a stovetop involves employment of a trick. Basically, all you need is to add a small amount of water into the pan. Cover it afterwards and it will generally produces a steam that will guarantee heating of the toppings.
Step-by-step Guide to Reheat Pizza over the Stovetop:
- Initially, under a medium heat temperature, heat the skillet over the stovetop.
- Afterwards, put the slices of pizza that you want to heat and cook it for a few minutes. Keep in mind not to cover it during the heating.
- Put on some drops of water generally on the side of the pan. Take note that the water should not be added on the pizza but on the pan.
- Eventually, cover the pan and continue cooking the pizza for some more minutes. Also, check if the cheese is already melted or until the pizza is totally heated.
Usually, the most suitable type of skillet to use for this pizza reheating process aside from the best way to reheat pizza in oven is the cast-iron skillet. Yet, you could have a problem in terms of the long time heating process. Aside from that, you can also consider the stainless steel skillet as a perfect option.
2-Other Methods to Reheat Pizza – Using the Microwave
The microwave method is another way for reheating pizza alternatively with the best way to reheat pizza in oven. However, there are lots of drawbacks to expect for using this method. It includes a soggy pie, rock hard crust and highly inedible during eating. Well, all these downsides should all be credited to the actual mechanism that the microwave works.
Generally, the microwave produces waves that are absorbed by the water molecules. Once the water molecules absorb the waves, there is a resulting vibration that usually warms the food. The microwave basically cooks the food through an inside out process. The pizza will be steamed during heating and evaporation of the water molecules that typically cause sogginess.
Since the crust part of the pizza does not contain sauce, the evaporation takes its opportunity to over there. The moisture inside the crust loses resulting in a really hard pizza crust. Compared to the best way to reheat pizza in oven, you cannot deal with concern as the oven has infrared heat. So, a good solution for this is not to reheat pizza using the microwave.
However, if you do not have any choice but to do this, check the helpful tips below:
Tips on Reheating Pizza Using the Microwave
- Basically, using a plate, place a slice of pizza inside the microwave.
- On its side, put a mug that is microwave-safe or a cup with water. The purpose of this is to be a source of entrapment that will generally take up the waves. This will give the opportunity for the pizza to warm up evenly as the cheese melts just prior to the loss of moisture into its crust.
- For a period of 30 to 45 seconds, set the heat of the microwave on high temperature. But remember to monitor the progress of this process.
Reheating pizza using the microwave won’t still produce excellent crispiness of the pizza crust in comparison with that of the best way to reheat pizza in oven or on the stovetop. The important things here is that you will come up with an edible one.
You may also consider heating the pizza over the microwave and end up the process through a toaster oven. This will generally result in a crispier crust. Most of the time, office kitchens and dorms are the ones typically use this pizza reheating method.
There are generally various methods in reheating pizza and enhancing its taste and crispiness after a day or so. However, the oven method is the one that will give you the crispier version of pizza. So, knowing the best way to reheat pizza in oven is very important. You will have the taste of the newly and freshly baked pizza that comes out from the oven. That’s why following the step-by-step guide in doing so will basically give you a pizza tastes like new.